Tuesday, January 6, 2015

License Plates...Vanity Plates with global flair!

I remember when I was in high school, and the prospect of owning my own car made my imagination go wild with the personalized license plate I was going to procure (well, at least in my mind)!  With this activity, middle school Spanish students were given the opportunity to put their creative juices to work and think about their future vanity plates.

I have to admit, though, that I stole the wonderful premise from a high school Spanish teacher in Pinellas County.  But, I did add my own creative flair and parameters to the activity with the elaborate instructions and further global sharing! Students were asked to create personal car License Plates as a writing and speaking prompt for language class.
Attached are my Activity Instructions, as well as my students' work as examples (except the first one, which is my pretend Gator Vanity Plate). 
Happy creating and speaking!

http://exploramos.wikispaces.com/file/detail/Clswk_license%20plate_082714.docx







Now, the same activity was completed by global peers at Colegio Decroly in Madrid. They also used U.S. license plates, instead choosing a state that they wish to visit one day.  Here are our global partners' responses including videos of the oral presentations: http://herecomestheclass.wix.com/herecomestheclass#!License-Plates/c1fks/F7BF49C7-6E35-4AB0-BDBE-D417C4F77F2F
We are so excited to connect with them!